Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Vamos!




Vamos a la playa!




I made the label above for the box of stuff we are gathering for our trip - to signify we are in full-blown preparation mode for our trip to Playa del Carmen in July.  There are things that 'gather' during the year - like new flip flops and travel sizes of lotions, bath gels, etc. that I save for our beach trips - and it's time to get them all in one place and ready to go.  Over the next couple months, we will continue to hunt and gather what we need for the trip - and lists are started.  I don't want to forget Benadryl cream because I know I will be eaten alive by mosquitoes and that cream is the only thing that works and it's completely not available in Mexico.  Believe me, I've begged - it's not there.  Cortisone?  Yes.  But not Benadryl.  Remember when I was so desperate I bought the liquid Benadryl and smeared it on my legs?  This year, I am not forgetting 'the good stuff'.  

I am proud I was able to recall how to say 'We are going to the beach!' in Spanish!  

Getting excited for 11 days and nights with J. - just the two of us!  It's like a second honeymoon!

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...