Sunday, November 04, 2012

The Time is a Changing

It's the day we rejoice in an extra hour of sleep - though technically, not really 'cuz I got up at 6:30AM (really 7:30AM) which is pretty early for a Sunday.

It's also the day where all day we 'add' an hour to know what time it 'should be' to our body - and we will do that for a few days until the peat moss clears from our brains and we wrap our head around gaining an hour.  (I typed 'losing an hour' at first....see what I mean about the peat moss?  Our bodies are not made for this jumping back and forth stuff in the time continuum).

And it's the day where I have to think about clocks - not changing them.  J. does that...it's just I have to figure out which ones he's done and which ones he hasn't....another brain teaser....

Looking forward to Springing ahead....(not).....

Thankful for my iPhone 'clock' so I know what time it is in other cities where I have family who don't participate in this melee known as Daylight Savings Time.  Otherwise, my head would probably explode trying to figure out what time it is there vs. here...the phone eliminates that brain teaser.

J. and B. went to play music at church and immediately following church, the three men in my life are heading to see 'Cloud Atlas' at the iMax theater in Pleasanton.  Home for dinner.  Quiet day home alone which I will fill with 'work' stuff and puttering around my house.

I am off tomorrow but toying with the idea of just working - planning to work at home anyway so why not just go in?  I have plenty to do....but we'll see how much I get done today.  I do pretty well working at home - especially when no one is here blaring the TV(s).

It is officially November but it's crystal clear and warm - unbelievable weather for November.  I rejoice at the PG&E impact - we're still not hooked to the 'solar' meter so we aren't running the panels at the moment.  Hopefully another month or so.  In the mean time, the solar company is paying at least one month of our electric bill.  Sweet!

I am singing 'Waiting Here for You' at the top of my lungs....my own personal worship.....


No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...