Friday, November 02, 2012

Cha Ching

I took a rare day off...and then made a huge mistake.

I should have known better....there were warning signs everywhere.  But I haven't done this activity in a long, long time and I was enticed with the promise of the perfect fuzzy socks...a Christmas tradition.

So I headed to Costco - unaccompanied and hungry.  Starving, even.  I left with $200+ of stuff I didn't know I needed until I saw it - my list out the window as I meandered and trekked through every aisle.

I am proud of myself for resisting buying three new lawn decor items for our Christmas collection...and for putting back the mason jar of Blueberry Moonshine (yes, really!)...I wanted to try it but really - why?  Nothing good will come from anything 50 proof.

And then, as if that disastrous shopping trip wasn't bad enough (list?  What list?  I was out of control..), I headed to the newly remodeled WalMart.  OMG.  So huge - I got all turned around and totally lost.  I did stick to my list there for the most part - EXCEPT when I discovered the 'food' department - a full grocery store!  And then I noticed that they have expanded a lot of other departments which led to more meandering.  Cleaning supplies!  Toilet paper!  Stuff!  More stuff!

So now I have to add a line to our budget this month.....

It will be labeled 'Majah went to Costco and WalMart unaccompanied and hungry'....

Thankfully, we don't have to add that line too often 'cuz I rarely shop these days.  My #1 errand guy usually takes care of the shopping these days.

It was pretty fun....I have to admit....



No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...