Monday, November 26, 2012

Cyber What?

Today is Cyber Monday so I should be shopping away - keys clicking, credit card buzzing....but I already did most of that this weekend.  I was one of the shoppers that made this a record sales weekend according to Yahoo news.  The fun thing is J. and I 'shopping' together and using Christmas as an excuse to buy stuff we would probably not usually consider buying....but it's Christmas and we are enjoying a little merry!

There will be a bunch of packages arriving in the next week or so and that means wrapping and shipping and decorating!  Time for the tree!

I came downstairs early this morning reciting 'one down, fourteen to go' - one getting up very early day begun and fourteen left to go before a nice long winter break.  Did I mention I am turning the two and a half week break into three full weeks?  I am!  Twenty three glorious days of sleeping in...

When I'm off, I like to stay up late(r) and get up later.  I slept in until 9 quite a few days this past week and it was terrific!  But now it's back to 'work' schedule and I get up early so I can go in early - trying to carve out some quiet time each morning before the hustle and bustle of the day begins.  It works - but wow - even with  Christmas music waking me up, it was a shock this morning.

I'm not sure I like Christmas music this early - and it really feels 'fake' to me...like the radio station is just playing taped stuff so they don't have to pay DJ's....

Still, awakening to The Little Drummer Boy is a nice way to start the week.

The heat came on upstairs but it's freezing down here....I am making another latte, turning on the heat and getting showered....time to get this show on the road.  The three weeks looming ahead will be the busiest, longest three weeks in quite awhile and I've decided to just hit it head on - embrace the craziness!  I just did a fist pump!  Practically high-fived myself!

Chloe is looking at me like I'm nuts.  It's too cold for this much enthusiasm.  This is how she spent her weekend -

Well, I can't get the damn picture to upload so I'll have to try again tonight when Tech Support is open.


No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...