Monday, July 18, 2011

I am Three

apparently. I have yet another ear infection....which I actually sought medical help for last week and just spared all of you the details. The dance performance we attended last Tuesday evening was loads of fun - but by the time we were at the theater, I was feeling pretty awful. A trip to the doctor the next day confirmed an ear infection. Which I knew 'cuz the earache kept me up most of last Tuesday (and several nights since).

This morning, I went back to the doctor for an injection of antibiotics and he threw in a B12 shot for good measure. I could barely walk up the stairs this morning to shower....

And any thought I had of taking off the remainder of the week were dashed when I received an email invite from my boss for a 10AM meeting on Wednesday. So there goes that idea. Oh well...I do love my job and my boss and (most of) my co-workers so getting back to the daily grind isn't too painful. Grateful to be employed and thankful it's something I enjoy doing. Working is such drudgery if you dislike what you're slaving away at - and thankfully, I've never had a job I didn't truly love.

Tomorrow, the boys and I are going to see HP7....I will bring Kleenex. It is sad to have this journey be over - the Harry Potter series is something my kids grew up with and sharing this journey with them has been such a joyful experience. It will be sad to see it come to an end....but I am looking forward to the availability of the series on e-books in October and think that might be my only Christmas wish - the entire series on my iPhone!

J. posted more pics of the beach vacation on his Facebook page - some of the underwater pics are amazing. While the color isn't great (never is with the cheap disposable underwater cameras), the pics of the boys 'in action' are terrific. H. is down 40 feet with just a snorkel! The kid's amazing!

Time to get dinner going - Asian chicken salad using up the leftover roasted chicken from last night. Off to cook for mi familia.

And since I'm (apparently) three, I'm also going to see the new Winnie the Pooh movie tomorrow - I will invite the boys though I doubt they will come. We can have lunch and then get back into the theater for the WP movie and make (practically) a day of it. We'll see...they might just humor their old mom and see a movie that will have me smiling from the inside out. I have saved every single VHS Winnie the Pooh tape we have (and pray they will still have VCRs) for my grand kids!! I refuse to part with them....they are a treasure!

One more fun-filled day with my boys and then back to work! I can do it!! (It must be the B12.....).

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...