Thursday, May 20, 2010

Tequila? Margaritas? Martinis?

Two weeks from tomorrow, I celebrate my 50th birthday.

A half a century.

Five decades.

One thousand three hundred fortnights.

You see where I'm going with this.....

I'm fine with 'the number'. It is, truly, just a number. And 50 is the new 40. So they say.....

I want to do something to celebrate this milestone. Not anything 'lavish'. Just something. Maybe a couple shots of tequila (really good tequila)? It's a Friday birthday so I could sleep in the next day and recover from the inevitable aftermath. Maybe go to the martini bar I've been hearing so much about - they have a 'sampler' you can try of lots of different kinds of martinis? Maybe dinner with my friends? Or my family? (the family celebration will definitely happen 'cuz we always go out for birthdays!). Buy a frozen margarita machine and whip up a big batch?

I can't decide. And I know what I will most likely do: come home from a 12+ hour day and go to bed around 8ish (and that's IF I can keep myself awake that long. I went to bed at 6:30 last night!).

Not sure what I'm going to do to ring in the passing of my 50th year and the start of my sixth decade of life. I'll think of something.....maybe chocolate martinis at home? Followed the next night by margaritas? And wrapping up the weekend with a Sunday shot of tequila? Hmmm.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a plan in there somewhere!

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...