Monday, May 10, 2010

Quick Updates

Relative peace and harmony at our home these days....and too busy/unmotivated (perhaps) to write much. Here are a few quick updates of 'happenings' (if you can call them that).

Sansar Indian Restaurant - the 5-Star place in Livermore that we love and rarely get to anymore 'cuz I don't work in Livermore OPENED IN TRACY!! I've been there twice already and it is just as great as their Livermore location.....hoping they make it here. Will probably take awhile to catch on but it is excellent food - their lunch buffet is not to be missed!

Mother's Day was good. Not great. But OK. First, I spent most of the day in bed sleeping off a Claritin/Sudafed induced coma. My sinuses continue to be a mess. Was very disappointed that the one thing I asked B. for - to clean his room - was not something he could wedge in to his 'hectic' schedule. He made a perfunctory attempt at tidying up but it's still a mess. J. stepped in and attempted to assist. But that made the 'present' more from J. than from B. . It disappoints me how he can't take time to do the one thing I really wanted - the ability to walk into his room and not want to scream.

We got H.'s ticket 'courtesy notice' - so he did not avoid answering to the authorities. $491! Wow! J. is going to go to the court clerk tomorrow to inquire about if he is eligible for traffic school - not sure that he is but it's worth asking. Those points on his record are going to hurt.....

H. cooked breakfast yesterday as his gift - and it was delicious! Crispy bacon, french toast, roast beef hash. Yummy! It was sweet - though I'm pretty sure J. had a lot to do with the final product. Still, it was a nice thought.

Work is busy, busy, BUSY. I keep hoping to be able to wedge in a day off at some point- but that doesn't happen. And I only compound the craziness when I don't work a bit on the weekends - but I am desperately attempting to NOT do that. It just makes the work days 'merge' too much with any 'down time' - and I crave down time.

Wicked has announced it's closing in September - so we are planning to see it at least one more time before that happens.

I turn 50 in a few weeks. I'm coping well. I think. It's just a number, right? Age-spots be damned!

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...