Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Skittish

I watched Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince last night - by far, the darkest, scariest most un-settling Harry Potter yet. And it was just as good as it was in the theater.

It was a windy night and rainy, too. And the movie is full of sound effects - dark, scary, loud, sudden sound effects.

Chloe went nuts. All night long. NUTS. Growling and grumbling. Barking suddenly for no reason, making me jump - my startle response got quite a work out last night. She finally went to sleep on her pillow here in the study - and proceeded to growl in her sleep.

She takes her role of protecting me very seriously.

I'm going to watch the movie again shortly - sunny, clear, no wind, no rain and a hopefully far less skittish dog (and human).

J. and the boys will be home around 2ish. That gives me 3.5 hours to continue the culling out of every cupboard in the house. :-)

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...