Monday, December 14, 2009

Repay

I've been following the news of the banks that are deciding to pay back TARP funds....interesting that there's a flurry of those press releases this past week or so. I'd love to believe that they're in great shape and are just doing the right thing by paying back the funds - but the truth is probably not along those lines. It's probably more related to:

a) They don't want the US Government telling them how to pay their employees, and;
b) They don't want to lend. And they don't want the US Government to force them to.

These continue to be perilous financial times as we trudge slowly to 'recovery' - or whatever comes next.

I did my part for our economy by not working today and heading to the 'big' mall in Pleasanton. won't tell you how much I spent but it was a tidy sum. Procured gifts for work friends, family and myself....and treated myself to a Thai lunch at a newly opened restaurant there. It was a fun day and the only thing missing was my hubby - sadly, he had to work. Now need to start wrapping.

Back to work tomorrow - playing 'catch up' and 'clean up' for four days before the vacation! Even with the angst filled teen in the house, I'm still looking forward to sleeping in, leisurely time with my hubby, working on some projects around the house, etc.

And Christmas. Can't forget the magic of Christmas.

I attended church yesterday and was greeted so warmly by a dear friend who just a few minutes earlier had said to J. 'if I don't see your lovely bride soon, I'm going to come knocking on the door'. And I remembered what I love most about making the effort to get to church: seeing friends and sharing in that one hour of knowing you are in the room with people who get it. Who get that Christmas is a birthday celebration above all things.... I promised to attend more often - and will have to push myself out of the 'it's my only real 'free' day and I just like to have that morning to do nothing' out of my mind and go. I always enjoy it - always. And it's good for my troubled soul....

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...