Saturday, December 12, 2009

Apple

I finally remembered to bring home my iPod Nano to load songs onto it - specifically, the soundtrack from New Moon, which I finally (FINALLY!) saw yesterday and which I described to J. with the word 'exquisite'...I plan to see it again at least once! - and upon loading that one album, the iPod stopped accepting any additional songs. Turns out it's FULL. It's only a 4GB Nano and it's now full.....

I've been coveting an iPod Touch for sometime - but don't need it so I haven't purchased it yet. I've been saving little bits of $$ here and there towards the expense and so far, have $120 saved up. Our 'fun money' account was depleted with our September Vegas trip, but it's built back up to a comfortable amount again (all our 'extra' $$ goes in there - like mileage reimbursements, rebates, recycling proceeds, etc.) and with what I've saved and a couple months of mileage reimbursements, I have enough to get the biggest Touch - which will last me for the rest of my life, probably. It's 12 times the space of my current iPod.

On one of our post-Christmas shopping trips last year, I bought a nice docking station for my office at work - it felt like a 'splurge' because it wasn't a 'need' - but I use that docking station every single day and listen to my iPod at work every single day - and absolutely love having all my favorite songs on one device. It's an eclectic melding of classical, folk, alternative, pop, inspirational, etc. and it keeps me going through my day with a smile on my face and a spring in my step. I can set up play lists and replay them over and over - songs that get me motivated and focused; others that ramp me down when I'm wound up about something....music is a huge part of every day and I don't know how I ever lived without that little docking station. I love it - and was thinking that one of my splurges this year might be another docking station for home...now I'll forgo that and bring my docking station home over the winter break and put that money towards the new Touch.

Update:

We went to Costco and Santa will be leaving me an iPod Touch 64GB under the tree! YEAH! It was $20 cheaper than the Apple Store price - and then an additional $20 'coupon' savings. No free engraving like when I've ordered them from the iPod store but for $40 savings, I'll skip having my name on the back of the unit. We also finished shopping for our nieces and got a couple little things for the boys. We've decided to do a scavenger hunt again - it spreads out the 'giving them money for Christmas' into 20 minutes (at least) vs. just putting an envelope on the tree. I need to get working on planning it out and crafting the clues.

It's a cold, wet, rainy day here. Time to curl up for some reading time and a good nap!

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...