Monday, October 01, 2007

Friday

was TERRIFIC! My friend J. was held up at a meeting, so I moved our meeting place to a restaurant closer to the college, in downtown Livermore. I was waiting for her in the outer wait area. We were talking for a few minutes, waiting for our table. Out of the corner of my eye, I thought I saw my former boss in his car. The door looked out on the one driveway entrance into the parking lot - and I thought I saw him. But when J. asked me about my reaction - a sort of startle response - I said 'oh, I just thought I saw someone I knew'. Didn't want to seem all obsessed, or acknowledge that every silver Honda Accord I see in Livermore might be him. I do miss him and wish I saw him more. We haven't talked in ages and I miss laughing with him everyday.

So, we chatted more and they took us to our table - a small table near the fireplace for two. When we sat down, J. seemed sort of uneasy. So she finally said 'um, do you think we could pull up a chair here for a 3rd person?' And I said 'it's B., isn't it? He's here, isn't he, 'cuz HE'S who I thought I saw as we were waiting'. So we asked the waiter for a bigger table and there he was!!! It was so great. I was so glad to see him. He joined us for chips and salsa. I offered dinner and drinks but he was on his way to a football game to hear is son play in the band, so he had to go. It was a quick visit, but so incredibly fun and such a cool surprise. Thanks, J. for arranging it and for suggesting to him that he stop by - it was great to see him!

Then, J. and I visited for HOURS. I didn't get home until after 10. We had a great time eating, talking, pondering the mysteries of various college things and life. We're looking forward to N.'s wedding in 3 weeks and we will all have a great time there, too, including B. and his wife and other campus friends. It will be fun.

The weekend was uneventful. [My] J. did some yard work. He got caught up on his emails since he was off all last week. We went to Costco, our grocery store of choice. I spent 3 hours catching up on my shred bin. I shred EVERYTHING and it builds up - but the bin is now officially EMPTY. And we checked out the new Rite Aid which opened across the street last week. Great ice cream. Not so great service. Won't be popping in there anytime soon to pick up something 'quickly' 'cuz they aren't very quick. It is the new 'hangout' for all kids in the neighborhood - groups of them going there for ice cream on a regular basis. Including our kids, though they have no money. We got the cell phone bill and they owe us major bucks for going over their 'text message' allocation. J. fixed it by stopping by the cell phone store while B. and I were at the pet store and upped the plan to unlimited text. Only cost us $10 more per month for all 3 phones on the plan - so that was $10 well spent. The boys were relieved. H. will not get an allowance for 6 weeks to pay us back what he owes for the phone and an advance on his allowance that happened before we knew about the phone charges. B. is glad to only have to forfeit two weeks to pay us back. Kids. We're glad to be connected to them, but also glad for the phone company being flexible and having plans we can afford to avoid the issue.

OK - it's time to head upstairs to shower and get dressed and out the door for a busy week. Talk to you soon! Have a great Monday and a terrific week, y'all.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...