Sunday, October 21, 2007

Wedding

The Bug is married!!! On October 20, 2007, at 4PM, the big event took place. She was absolutely beautiful - and the ceremony and reception were perfection. I was honored to be invited behind the scenes to see her before the ceremony - and of course, tissues were required. She was just stunning and the dress was so incredibly beautiful. So much better than the pictures - so many details the pictures didn't show. It was beautiful.

And we almost missed the entire event. See, for some reason, I got '5PM' in my head. So I awoke from a nap at 2:30, headed downstairs to get the curlers heating up. Decided I'd better get out the invitation to confirm the address so we could Map Quest it - and was shocked to realize the ceremony was at FOUR PM. So I hurriedly put on my outfit, got the curlers in my hair, tossed hairspray, barrettes, makeup, etc. in a bag and we hurried out the door around 3. Still got there by 3:40 and got to see her in her gown, then headed outside to the ceremony. It was a beautiful, crystal clear October day - and the ceremony was lovely. There wasn't a dry eye in the house. And as she walked back down the aisle, my former boss handed me his 'EASY' button (a gift from me a long time ago) and I pushed it just as she walked by - a 'that was easy' was barely audible but SHE got the joke and cracked up! It was terrific. We (me and former boss B.) took her the button at the head table later during the reception and 'gifted' it to her. So she'll have it forever.

The reception was great - terrific food, great friends and fun, and delicious, DELICIOUS cake. J. said it was the BEST carrot cake he'd ever had - it was just 'full' of nuts, raisins, carrots, etc. - a really rich, satisfying cake. I had poppy seed - TWO slices. It was delicious.

We headed home around 9ish. H. had been home alone for dinner - he ordered pizza (big surprise). B. was in Santa Cruz at a band review and got home shortly after we did.

It was great to see my old college friends. We had a lot of fun. And as I was sitting there at the reception, watching my former boss on the dance floor 'living it up', with friends and J. around me, I thought 'this is what life is supposed to be like - family, friends, happy, fun times. Joy and love and happiness all around. THIS is what life is supposed to be like'. And the feeling of blessings and love and joy were everywhere and it felt great to BE there and be AWARE of those feelings. Deep in my soul. It was great.

Bug and her hubby are heading for Disneyland for a week. She will return to work on Halloween and I can't wait to hear all about the trip. And see all the pictures. It was a fantastic day and I'm so very happy for them both. They have been together for over 6 years and have stayed together through 4 years apart - while he attended the Citadel and she attended St. Mary's. They have weathered more than most couples and are still just madly in love - it showed. Whenever the crowd wanted them to kiss, the requirement was the table had to sing a song with the word 'love' in it somewhere. It was fun! And she and her hubby obliged - not with just little 'pecks' but REAL kisses. The kind where you think they need to get a room - or come up for air at some point. They are so in love. It is so sweet to see them together.

To Mr. and Mrs. L. - congratulations, much happiness and may you never forget the joy of that special day. It will see you through many hard times to come - just hold onto those feelings of love, joy and happiness. The best is yet to be - and your life is going to be full of blessings, I am sure of that.

And thank you both for honoring us by including us in your special day. I am glad I was there for the beginning of a lifetime together and I can't wait to share your journey with you through the years. Babies, soon, but no hurry, 'kay?

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...