Sunday, November 27, 2005

Monday

It is now the Sunday after Thanksgiving and frankly, I'm in shock. Tuesday evening found us all staring in wonder at the glorious five days that lay before us. Yes, they would be busy days - preparing a big meal, welcoming family to our home. But the exhiliration and joy in this house on Tuesday evening was obvious. Five amazing days stretched out before us and we were elated and set about undwinding.

But now, it is Sunday evening just after 7 and the full reality that TOMORROW IS MONDAY is in full swing. We have ingested Costco pizza for dinner. B. is doing homework in the livingroom - homework which was never mentioned and we had no idea he had to do. And I can't be upset with him for that 'cuz I HAVE A GIANT BOX AND TOTE BAG FULL of stuff I was going to do for work - and in fact one thing that I REALLY HAVE TO DO for Monday. But here I am - blogging instead. I will get up really early and work on it before I leave the house or leave pre-dawn for work and work there.

I remind myself that we all need downtime. We need to give ourselves permission to 'DO NOTHING' - and that's pretty much what we did all weekend. And thankfully, we only have three weeks of work and school before we get SEVENTEEN days off for Christmas. And I have a lot of 'plans' for that time off as well. And undoubtedly, that time will fly by also and there will be another evening where I realize that I didn't accomplish what I planned to/wanted to/needed to. And I'm fine with that. I embrace my 'slothness'. I'm good at it and sometimes, I just need it.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...