Thursday, September 20, 2018

Road Trip with My Love

After some rescheduling, the lady finally picked up the albums last night - $35 more for items we were sure would end up being disposed of via a trip to the dump.  She works with autistic people and music is something she uses in her work - she was absolutely thrilled with the treasure trove.  When we mentioned that not only were the albums ours, there were also some from our parents, she was super thrilled.  A very eclectic mix of genres and artists across decades. 

Another thing out of the house that we won't move to Nevada!  BOOM!

J. celebrated his 69th birthday yesterday - we were remembering when we were dating and just engaged talking about 'when we're in our 60's and 70's' - and here we are, approaching those numbers at lightening speed. 

I'm listening to "Never Enough" from The Greatest Showman soundtrack as I get ready to head upstairs and pack for our trip to Reno/Carson City.  We're very likely driving home on Saturday vs. Sunday - gives me a day at home this weekend and we can spend time with H. on Sunday. 

We debated not going at all - no real reason to go since there's no prelim sketch of a floor plan yet...but we are excited to start exploring our new city - we put so much exploration effort into Reno (thinking for years that's where we would land in retirement) - now we need to do the same for Carson City.  J. will play golf tomorrow morning and I'll enjoy a 5x point day on the slots.  We'll do some exploring in the afternoon and have a nice dinner.  Then hit the road Saturday morning - maybe go home the back way again - prettier drive. 

There have been some hard things happening on the work front and I confessed to a co-worker yesterday that while I am steadfastly keeping the short timer attitude at bay most of the time, yesterday was a day I was glad to say 'y'all will have to work on this for years to come - and I'm out so I honestly don't care.  Do whatever you think is best for now and I'll keep positive thoughts and intentions in the cosmos about it all as I segue out'.  I confess - it felt great!  In the thick of something hugely problematic - and realizing 'guess what?  You truly don't have to fret about it.  It's not going to be something that will affect you - so don't go there.  Move on'.  I washed my hands of it in that moment - another BOOM!

BOOM! is becoming my new favorite exclamation!

Off to get moving - heading out by 8AM - meeting with the mortgage company at 1PM - just for a 'meet and greet'. 

I still feel like I have to pinch myself sometimes - this is truly, really all happening! 

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...