Saturday, September 15, 2018

Albums

J. surprised me last night by stating that he went downtown to the shop that buys albums - he said 'I didn't get what I expected'.  Since selling to Rasputin is the only experience we've had so far and they pay pennies for albums, I wasn't expecting much.  But he pulled $60 (!!) out of his wallet.  The owner of the shop is the same age as J. and has very specific artists he is interested in buying -

We offered the rest of the albums (minus a few more that J. held back to see if the guy downtown wants them) to someone on Facebook and they are picking them up tomorrow morning at 10AM.  I'm taking a walk down memory lane going through them and remembering songs that I haven't thought about since the 80's.

Jane Oliver and Tarney Spencer Band to name a couple.  The lady was supposed to pick up today at 10AM but had a change of plans and I'm sort of glad 'cuz now I have time to go through them a bit more and then go immediately to iTunes or You Tube to find the song and refresh my memory.

My 40th high school reunion is next weekend and friends have been reaching out to say 'you're on the missing list'.  I said 'yes, but you are chatting with me so clearly, I'm not missing'.  [Insert Smiley face emoji].  I explained that we are actually going to be in Carson City that weekend so no, I won't be there.  (I was very glad to have that trip as a 'reason' I wasn't planning to attend.  Truth be told, I wouldn't have attended anyway.  Wild horses couldn't drag me there.  It was a big graduating class and it turns out, I don't know a lot of the people and the ones I do know, I'm just not interested in connecting with.  One of very few exceptions is my friend D. who didn't even attend our high school - she transferred to a private religious school - she and her husband D. offered J. and I a room - I thanked her profusely and sent regrets. 

Work week went by super quickly and as of end of day yesterday, I have 180 work days left - if I retire at the end of June.  That's net of holidays and the 14 days I'm off for our cruise in March.  Time will fly by. 

Big news:  H. got a job!!  Working on the production line of a sunglass company - his sponsor has worked there for 14+ years and he suggested H. apply.  They commute together and H. has a couple of other people who work there he can catch a ride with.  I'm also going to suggest that H. look into taking a bus from Modesto to the Ace Train station and then Ubering to work from the Livermore ACE station - just as a(nother) backup.  J. is also a backup but we really don't want H. to rely on J. for that 'cuz we are moving and H. needs to be adulting.

J. is getting ready to go get H. who will hang out here today and help with more projects.  J. is going to Alameda tonight for a party at a former co-worker's house.  I'll enjoy a quiet evening at home. 

My new assistant starts on Monday and I spent all week attempting to get caught up, write procedures, make lists of things she can do - especially because I'm off this coming Th & Fr - can't wait to having help again.  I'm going to make vanilla scones to have as treats on Monday -

Busy weekend ahead.  Continues to feel awesome to have stuff leaving the house little by little. 

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...