Wednesday, May 04, 2016

Guess What?

It's May already, that's what.  Cheese & rice, where does the time go?  (Cheese & Rice is my new 'swear' term.  It works for so many situations).

In my head, I'm thrilled that time goes so quickly - the days just blend one into the other over and over.  15 days goes by in the blink of an eye and that's an awesome thing - considering that working many more years is in the cards for me.  I should be so happy to think that years of time will evaporate quickly -

As I slog off to another long day of stuff.  It's always long days of stuff.  Busy-ness is great but the stuff that is the busy?  Not so much, really.  But oh well.  Someone's got to do it.

I've been using the 4-7-8 method of lulling oneself into sleep and I have to say that it's been two nights and I feel the most rested I've felt in AGES.  You can Google it - breath in through your nose slowly for 4 seconds, hold your breath for 7 seconds and then out through your nose for 8 seconds.  I actually can't quite do the hold for 7 or the out for 8 but doing what I can has resulted in some of the most restful sleep I've had in a long, long time.  I'm not exactly bounding out of bed but I have been up way earlier, with more energy and less sleepiness than usual.  The posts on Facebook tout this as a way to fall asleep more quickly - which I rarely have issues with.  For me, it's just resulting in more restful, deeper sleep more quickly - and if I wake in the night, I do it again and viola!  Back off to dreamland.  It's awesome!  I was really skeptical since I don't often have issues going to sleep - but thought it was worth a try and I just want to shout to the world "Try this, people!!  You will feel SO MUCH BETTER"!

B. will arrive home around June 10th for a month - or just shy of a month.  I'm thrilled while simultaneously bracing myself.  The dynamic of our carefully balanced life shifts precipitously upon the arrival of The Force Known as B. .

And on that subject, Happy May the Fourth Be With You day!  (Hugs to my cousin S. for enlightening me on the significance of this day).

H.'s scans and blood work are 100% OK (can't remember if I mentioned that before) so he just has to work on eating consistently, and more often.  Smaller meals throughout the day.  At the moment, he appears to be living on milk shakes - we go through gallons of ice cream added to the extra gallons of milk - but oh well!  If it's what he needs, that's OK.  I just pity his 40-ish self in the future 'cuz he's not always going to be able to eat 4 gallons of ice cream a week and get away with that.  But for now, he's pretty lucky - eat whatever you want, whenever you want - to put some weight back on.

(There are some reasons we think he is struggling with eating and he's going to get some counseling, we hope.  The ball is in his court to make that happen so we'll see if he does).

My second cup of coffee in my Disneyland Diamond Celebration mug is almost gone and I need to get into the shower.  I've been at my desk before or close to 7 - and even made it at 6:30 one day last week - and I'm aiming for that from now until budget is done.  Upon advice of my boss, I am blocking full days for budget work and closing my door and drawing my blind if I have to.  Trying as hard as possible to give myself weekends as down time - and hoping to avoid the annual, overwhelming feeling of angst that usually engulfs me this time of year.

Off to the trenches!  Have a great day!  The power of restful sleep is truly amazing -

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...