Friday, May 06, 2016

Canada! Oh, Canada!

Donald Trump appears to be the Republican Presidential candidate.  I can't believe it's 2016 and I'm writing those words.  This isn't a joke.  HE is joke...but he is apparently going to be the party's nominee.

I could write a book on all the idiotic, racist, stupid, inappropriate, immoral things the man has done and said over the years - but it's all been made public already - and still, here we are.  HERE WE ARE.  There are people in this country who think a racist, sexist, buffoon should be the President of our county - the leader of the free world; the leader of the most powerful nation in the world.  There really are.

I feel like we are heading to some major melt-down along political lines.  Like, really...I don't agree with many Republican opinions but if you aren't disrespectful towards people based on their race, religion, sexual orientation or social status, I don't honestly care what you think politically.  But all of you Trump supporters?  You are supporting a man who is racist.  Flat out racist.  Who demeans women.  Who bullies people to get his way - or just because he thinks it's fun.  I could go on and on but you don't need me to do that.  Just listen and read and watch.

I just can't believe this is actually happening.

And I'm counting on the rest of us level headed people - including level-headed Republicans (I know you're out there!) to vote!!  And avoid catastrophe.  That man as President would be catastrophic for our country - making Canada look like a good retirement location.

The 2016 Presidential Election will be historical - the first woman candidate and a buffoon.  It's going to be quite a race.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...