Thursday, May 05, 2016

Contrast

The paradox of two wonderfully restful nights of sleep earlier this week is last night's pretty sucky sleep which is so much harder handle now that I know good sleep IS possible.  I felt out of it all day - sent an email to a co-worker that made no sense and re-read it when she sent it back (politely saying 'I think you mean this? not this?'..) and thought 'Cheese & rice, Majah, get it together, woman!'.

I hope for better sleep tonight and it's approaching (only) 6PM and I may be in bed by 7!  It's that bad!

Sparrows are flitting about outside the window - we cleaned out all the bird feeders over the weekend and are ready to restock.  I love the families we see - sparrows, blue jays, doves.  It's so fun to watch them excitedly look for anything they can use in their nests and to see them fly back and forth.  Tan bark is a current favorite.  Some sturdy nests being created in our trees.

The weather is strange - we have heavy clouds and grey - a few sprinkles on the way home.  There were lightening strikes in Oakley and Brentwood (30 miles away) so I'm wondering if we'll see the same storm.

I've arranged to be off a little early tomorrow mainly to give myself a few extra home hours given I plan to work much of the weekend.  J. is playing music at church on Sunday so no fancy Mom's day breakfast - guess I'll hit the McD drive through for pancakes as I head to work.  We have tickets to Joseph and the Technicolor Dreamcoat on Sunday but H. is going to stand in for me if I'm working or (frankly) just don't feel like going.  The time at home these days is so limited that there are some things I just veto - and J. and I talked about that when we bought the two tickets.  Glad H. will go in my place if needed - and that's his Mom's day gift to me - go if I don't so your Dad has someone with him.

I really am sitting here struggling to stay awake - so I think I will pack it in and head upstairs.  Very early but falling asleep when I feel this wiped out should result in some semblance of rest.  I sure hope so.  Even my early leave days are incredibly long.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...