Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Winter Solstice

An entire week has transpired - the long work week moved quickly enough and here we are 4 full days into Winter Break, 2015 -

I've spent time working today and feel irritated at the things and people beckoning me.  I shouldn't - I don't have the kind of job that being off is every really 'off' but it's hard when I'm in the mood to 'forget all about it' and can't.  Hopefully, soon.  One of our major construction projects is winding down and there are some last minute things that need tending -

Good news!  B. was able to change his flight and will be landing in Oakland at 6:30PM TOMORROW - a day ahead of his previous arrival.  While I doubt he will be home much of that 'extra' time, it's still great to have him home and to avoid having to be on the roads on Christmas eve to retrieve him.  He is excited and so are we!

J. just headed upstairs to begin the massive undertaking known as wrapping.  My room is a shambles 'cuz I've been brutally cleaning out my clothes.  I've tried on many, many pairs of pants and have three piles:  keep and fit well; keep and need alterations and donate.  My goal is to have only pants that I can wear happily and by the looks of it, I shouldn't need pants for the rest of my life, once I get the alterations done.

Tomorrow, we need to do a big WinCo shop to have plenty of food on hand.  We've only planned Christmas Dinner so far - but we bought some short ribs and langostino at Costco so will make those two dinners.

The weather is chilly and overcast - and we've had some rain, which is great!

Our cleaning lady dropped by some tamales this morning!! so dinner is done!!

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...