Sunday, December 13, 2015

Car Experience

We headed to Modesto Toyota yesterday - arrived at the pre-arranged time of 1PM.  The sales guy wasn't in yet - he had said he had an appointment - so his boss greeted us.  They brought up the car and we took our first look.  Then the sales guy arrived.  It was the easiest car buying experience ever. We'd already negotiated the price and from start to finish, I was out of there in two hours. All the signing was done electronically - the finance guy's desk was a 'screen' complete with special pens. We signed highlighted areas and he could rotate the document for each of us to sign more easily.  It was amazing - the only paper copies of anything were the DMV 'cuz they are not that tech savvy yet.

The finance guy said 'with your credit scores, you two could buy as many cars as you want today'.  Ha ha ha.  Someday, it would be fun to do a Christmas surprise for the boys - there was a 4-door Tundra there that H. would absolutely love - but that day is not this year - not yet.

J. loves the car.  I think we're going to go run an errand and I will drive it - but I'm nervous.  It's just so pretty and new - he was 'upset' that it was getting wet today (it's been raining!) so heaven help the person who gets the first door ding.  It's also incredibly tech-filled - so it will take some learning just to figure things out.  It's got all kinds of 'systems' in it - very much the perfect car for J. - it will keep him busy for a long time.

I'm still in my PJ's and though I know I need to get dressed (if we're going to run that errand), it's so cold, I don't want to.  I dread getting wet and then cold while drying off.  Brrrr.

I did go out last night and ran two errands - feeling very accomplished for making time for a post-dark trip to the mall and the grocery.  Christmas prep is winding down little by little - just wrapping and some additional organizing to do.  And a massive grocery shop but I think we will do that together next weekend.  Saturday evening is a great time to Winco shop 'cuz it was virtually empty!

No meetings tomorrow but Tuesday-Friday are meeting filled.  Hoping the week goes quickly - I'm sure it will.  This time next week, I'll be looking at two full weeks off and that's going to be blissful. As it always is - I looked into a job at our County Office not too long ago and while I thought the job would be a good fit and fun for me, one of the negatives is there are no closure days at Christmas for them - you can be off, but many of your co-workers (people I would supervise) wouldn't be, necessitating me to be there, too - and adding other days I would need to work to offset any days off I took at Christmas.  I'd get Christmas and New Years eve and day of - but that's it.  I'd really miss the full two weeks where you know you aren't getting behind 'cuz there's no one else working.

Very blessed with a job with this kind of time off -

Meal planning, wrapping, house tidying - all on the agenda this week.  Christmas is getting close!


No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...