Sunday, December 06, 2015

Busy Sunday

Last night, I took a Melatonin + before bed.  The plus is L-theanine which I had read about as something to add to get better quality sleep.  I could only find it 'with' Melatonin, which I've tried before for better sleep.  Whatever I read convinced me that L-theanine was going to solve all my bodily issues, so I bought it.

It may have worked - in that I slept in until 9:30AM this morning which is very, VERY late for me.  I vaguely recall waking around 7 and thinking 'I should get up' but then I thought 'J. can't be the one doing the dog this morning if you get up before him'.  (It's stupid, I know - but I covet just one day of the week when I'm not the one getting her outside, feeding her, getting her outside again, rewarding her with her 1/2 biscuit per day for having completed her morning routine successfully and then getting her to settle in her burrow so I can commence my morning routine:  coffee, more coffee, Facebook time, budgeting and banking (for home, not work) and finally, getting myself ready to head out the door).  It's silly, but I wanted just one day where it wasn't me tending to her morning needs - when I'm barely awake and it's cold -

Anyway - I guess I succeeded 'cuz I woke pretty close to mid-morning, which made the day fly by. However, I also had trouble falling asleep - tossed and turned until midnight was approaching so I think that late night made sleeping in that late not really all that late considering when I fell asleep.

J. and I headed out to the mall to get some shopping off our list.  He headed to the 'newish' sports store and I headed for Target.  We got quite a few things off the list - and added a few things not on the list that are now plugged into the spreadsheet.  We planned to head to another store at the other end of the mall and then the grocery store across the street - but we gave up after finishing at Target. It was close to 70 here today - lovely and clear when rain had been forecasted.  (We were so confident there would be rain, we turned off the sprinklers).  I was so warm (having dressed in many wintery layers), I couldn't imagine trekking to Winco and loading up groceries there - and I had chocolate in the car (stockings) and didn't want things to melt.  So we headed home.

For H., we went through the new Dunkin Donuts drive through and brought home a dozen donuts. I felt terribly guilty about doing this - there is a locally owned donut shop in the strip mall where Dunkin is located and there's been a 'movement' around town to boycott Dunkin and go to the locally owned store instead.  Thankfully (for them), Dunkin Donuts aren't really all that good - so we won't be going there much.  The donuts felt and tasted greasy - not at all what we were expecting.

I feel apprehensive about work this week - no particular reason.  Just lots going on.  One of the departments I supervise will be undergoing an audit by the State in February and we have quite a few things to work through this week to finalize the 'prep' for the audit.  The director of the department is new in this role so it's working through a lot of little things with her - helping her think through the way to approach things and then guiding her through the completion.  It's time consuming  - and I had to put her off quite a bit this past week 'cuz board prep nearly killed me.

Far fewer meetings and no board prep should make getting caught up and assisting her with the projects she needs to do should make things easier this week.  I sure hope so.

Two weeks until the break and I can hardly wait -



No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...