Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Driving

I left work at 2PM yesterday - a little extra time to get some things taken care of.  J. and I went to the mall and I got to drive the new car.  It's pretty awesome.  I accidentally creeped a little into the next lane (no cars there) and it beeped to tell me.  It also has a blind spot sensor and lights up on the side mirrors if there is someone in your blind spot.  So many gadgets.  I think he spent most of the day reading his manual and I can't blame him 'cuz there are still many, many buttons that we have no idea about.  The car will come pretty close to driving itself - it slows and brakes when it senses the traffic ahead slowing and braking.  It feels 'bizarre' to me and I am a teeny bit worried that J. will get so used to not thinking while he's driving, he will have issues when he's driving a 'normal' car.  Hopefully today, he will set up the garage door opener.

Did a huge See's candy shop for work then came home and attempted to bake scones and palmiers. The scones didn't go so well - tried to shortcut and use a mix (I know!  What was I thinking?  Scratch is always best) - and the first batch burned on the bottom.  We salvaged about a dozen.  The palms turned out pretty well.  I've got goodies for Cabinet this morning which was the goal - and See's for every building - my 'gift' to one and all.

Tonight is our district office Christmas party which is always tons of fun.  I'm dressed in my one holiday shirt that I wear once a year.

Wishing it were Friday instead of Tuesday.  Friday will come soon enough.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...