Monday, February 24, 2014

Updated on not Much

A very quick status -  this blog serves so many purposes!  On Friday evening, it was used as a timeline of H.'s 2013 employment history for his unemployment claim.  Yep - Friday was his last day and he's within 12 days of eligibility for unemployment.  His claim last year started on 2/8 and he got laid off on 2/21 - so he should qualify.  While the plan was to have J. create and retain a list of employer's including addresses, etc. , Friday evening found us recreating all that to get the claim in.  It was either Friday evening or who knows when 'cuz - you guessed it! - I worked all weekend again.

Progress was made, though, and I can see light at the end of the massively long tunnel.  I am, however, requesting no further updates on vacation plans for a couple days 'cuz at the moment, the mere mention of the trip sends me into an exhaustion induced tailspin.  I know it will be glorious - I just want to experience the glorious when I get there - not in advance.

I'm too tired for in advance.

So H. will be home alone and relatively unoccupied for two weeks and that makes me a little nervous.  There are just so many things that he doesn't pay attention to - for example, the toilet handle sticks on the toilet upstairs and if you don't pay attention to that, the water will run forever.  As it did for a part of the night.  We are in a drought - not a good thing to waste so much water.

I toyed with leaving the dog home with him and saving some money on boarding her - but I fear she will spend two weeks begging for attention she will never get.  The kennel folks love her and spoil her rotten so I think we will pay them to do that - one less thing for me to fret about with him home alone.

The Olympics are over and I don't know about you but I did not enjoy them a bit.  Russia.  It's just so corrupt.  It was painful to watch the events when it seemed so glaringly obvious to me that the quality of building the venues just wasn't there - and you know they spent a fortune on the games and much of the money spent went to corrupt people who keep getting more and more corrupt.  I feel bad for the Russian people - I really do.  When my possibly imagined corruption spilled over into the judging of the ice skating - that was it for me.  I wasn't that enamored with the whole thing before that - and after, I was done.  So I'm glad the torch is out.

Downton Abbey's Season 4 finale was last night - haven't watched it yet - but wow - it's the fastest show ever.  It just started in January and now we're done again for another year?  How can I make it??  By re-watching all four seasons - of course!

I am back to being a coughy, scratchy throat mess....possible Dr. visit this week 'cuz I think it's moved to my chest and I am miserable.  I am testing the 'Vicks Vaporub on your feet with socks' method of coughing control and I have to say - it seems to help.  The Vicks I'm using still has a metal lid on the jar so it's probably two decades old - but it's still menthol-y.

Both boys are anxious for their accountant to finish their taxes.  Thank goodness for J. who reminded B. that 'she is working seven days a week and spent three days last week in bed with the flu so be a little patient and she'll do them as soon as she can'.  I will actually attempt to finish both tonight or tomorrow 'cuz Lord knows they both need their refunds.

OK - time to get showered, dressed and head out for another long day.  My office at work is starting to look less like a train wreck and I will leave a massively long list of stuff for my assistant to work on in my absence.  I have seven work days and one more weekend left - and many more days of work than that still to do.  It's going to be another long, busy week.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...