Thursday, February 06, 2014

Precipitation!

It's raining!  I am so excited!  We need the water soooo badly in our state so when Chloe turned around and gave me a look that said 'you've got to be kidding?  You expect me to go out in this?'  I replied with a firm (almost gleeful) 'yes, I do!  Get to it!'.  So she did.  Poor baby with her belly rubbing on wet grass and puddles everywhere but she coped.

She's back in her day bed burrowed in against the cold.  Wish I could burrow back in my bed, too...but that's not happening for another 16 hours or so.

Today is a no meeting day and that's a beautiful thing - hunkering down and finalizing board prep stuff and then back to work on my massive report.  I met with a coworker late yesterday strategizing on board stuff for next month and realized that all of that prep needs to be done in just over three weeks as well 'cuz I'll be heading over the pond in less than four weeks.  Yikes!  I'm nervous excited - as I always am before a big trip.

H. paid his first  room and board week yesterday and J. said he was less than thrilled.  It's such a small amount of money for a roof over your head; heat; water; food; beverages.  I can't imagine why he's so upset about it but oh well.  It's a reasonable amount for an almost 21 year old to pay for room and board and if he's unhappy about it, let it motivate him to get to a point where he can have his own place.  Here's hoping.

Brewing second cup of strong coffee now and then getting spruced up to greet the day - it is a three day weekend this weekend and while work will mostly fill it, I do look forward to sleeping in.  The 4AM awakening that is then followed by going back to sleep is often the best 3-4 hours of sleep I get in any night so I really relish weekends - and a Monday off is stellar.  Followed by another Monday off next week.

We tried to see the Space Station last night at 7:04 - might have caught just the quickest glimpse of it but it was getting cloudy and trees were in the way.  That happens sometimes when it's low in the horizon.  Oh well - we tried.

Off to the races!  Can you feel my enthusiasm?  Really.  I am.  I think I can finish board prep today and maybe with a little luck I could take off one of the three days this weekend if I can spend tomorrow working on my report.  Here's hoping!


No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...