Monday, February 17, 2014

Baseboards

A weekend of progress to report on the major reports due at work.  Feel accomplished though this week will be interesting 'cuz it's full of a bunch of meetings and such.  Blocking days doesn't seem to work as well.  It's already February - it feels like the first day of school just happened a few weeks ago and here we are heading into Spring break. Crikey!

Returned home from work yesterday with a decidedly sore throat.  Argh!  It's really sore and getting worse.  Bugger.  Probably a stupid cold.

Along with working on the big reports, I did what I always do when leaving for a bit - like at home when I start dusting baseboards - I culled out my office majorly.  On the way home - after filling my recycle bin twice and deciding my shred bin will need an annex 'box' of some kind (my assistant will be plenty busy shredding, filing, etc. in my absence) - I had a brainstorm of creating a 'box' for everything related to the completed construction projects and another for those in process.  While I'm away, my great assistant can cull out dupes (a lot of meetings with a lot of different vendors creates repetition at times in all the documents floating around) and get things cleaned up and filed.  There will be far fewer stacks upon my return and that will be a beautiful thing.

There were far fewer stacks when I headed home this evening, too - also a beautiful thing.

I'll spend the week fine tuning; reviewing; re-reviewing and then sharing with my boss.  He will be 'me' at the next board meeting and it's a lot of info to present.  I'm sure he'll do just fine and I will do my best to provide clear info that he can easily share.  I'm sure it will go well.

Trip prep continues.  This week, J. will take Chloe for a couple shots she needs before she can be boarded at the kennel.  He'll order foreign currency; let our credit card companies know we are traveling in Europe; remind me to go to the bank to get a 4 digit PIN number for my debit card; arrange airport transport in Rome and a bunch of other loose ends.

H. is off until Friday.  They lowered all schedules to three days this week.  On a good note, H. confirmed they have added some major accounts so there's hope that the warehouses will still be needed.  It's great that H. has made it through several rounds of layoffs and is still working away.

I feel tired.  I'm more than a little concerned that by the time the actual vacation gets here, I will be too exhausted to enjoy it?  But I know I will (enjoy it).  I won't let myself miss out on this amazing trip with the best travel buddy a girl could have.  I will learn to sleep on planes. And trains.  Maybe even automobiles.  It will be wonderful.  I can catch up on sleep when we get home.  And it looks like I will be able to take off most of Spring Break so that will be a nice week of just resting and chillaxing at home.

I'm watching Downton Abbey and then heading up to bed.  Early to bed, early to rise.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...