Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Social and Secure

Dinner on Monday with my friend J. was absolutely lovely - haven't seen her in a year (I checked!) but we just pick up right where we left off.  Updates on our work, our kids, our vacations, etc. . When I shared with her all the things I'm now responsible for in my district (she works for a school district too now - we've both transitioned from corporate life to education as a career - and she gets it) her reaction was priceless and reinforced (for me, myself and I) that I am not crazy in thinking the growing list is insane for one person.  It is insane.  It's the truth.  It is what it is - and I have a bracelet I wear frequently these days that says just that.

Thanks, J. for good company, great food and listening to my ramblings!  Love you!

OK - the past two days now, I have slept in until 5:45...and it feels pretty darn good.  I feel 'late' since I'm not acclimated to getting up that late but I will adjust.  It's a relatively mild week (as weeks go) vs. next week which is back to wild and crazy - so I'm indulging in a bit of extra sleep.  Both J. and H. have colds and my nose and throat have been feeling a little 'off' so I'm hoping to fend off the crud by a little more rest.  We'll see how that goes.

Congratulations to my husband who received his first Social Security payment last night!  Already moved it to our savings account for now since we don't 'need it' until he's officially off severance in December.  It will basically come out of savings in a few weeks when I pay for the Europe trip - so the timing is perfect!

Better head to the shower.  One of the ways I am sleeping in a bit more is to just skip games, etc. - or at least just do them really, really fast - don't linger, read emails, read news, etc. - just get up, cup of coffee, dog routine, check in on games and hit the shower.




No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...