Sunday, October 20, 2013

Firestone

Bonus!  The ribs have a glaze that requires a dark beer.  J. sought advice at the grocery and bought one large bottle of Firestone DBA (Double Barrel Ale).  We had plenty for the glaze and plenty leftover and it is DELICIOUS!

It's approaching 5PM - ribs will be done in 15 minutes and then we glaze them and cook on high(er) heat another 15 minutes, glazing off and on.  The glaze has crushed sweet onion and ginger (food processor crunch) with the dark beer, molasses, brown sugar, maple syrup and lime juice. DELICIOUS!

We sent B. a pic of them as they went into the oven - and I promised to have these on the list of things we cook when he's home.

I really do enjoy cooking - I love the process - planning, shopping, prepping, cooking and of course the eating.  Probably a good thing I'm not retired 'cuz I'd gain a ton of weight if I had time to cook like this everyday.

Made it into work for a bit so feel good about that, too.

It's nice to be feeling more 'positive' about things in general.

Which of course can only mean something bad is about to happen -

My mind is a marvel of quandary.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...