Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Oh My Gosh Wednesday

Just because closing docs are signed doesn't mean the deal is done, apparently.  Last night, J. happened to notice an email requesting our full tax returns for 2011 & 2012.  Argh!  Our mortgage payment to our current company is due in a couple days - so now we're sort of in a holding pattern again while we await them actually funding our new loan.  Criminy!  Seriously....argh!

I'm sure it will all work out.

I have been uber productive at work - I am always productive  - but this week, I have been in true 'hunker down' mode - politely but firmly requesting no interruptions as I plow through updating our finance system with the new state funding model as we know it.  It's a lot of 'mechanical transactions' that have to be entered and not the kind of thing to do with constant interruptions.  I think that's often why I go in on weekends - it's quite; no phones; no people; no questions, requests for signatures, etc. .  Just me, my calculator, pencils and paper - and a lot of data entry.  I should have 'people' to do this for me - but we don't - always leanly staffed and that 'tradition' continues.

Haven't heard from B. which is good - no news is awesome at this point.  When the phone rang sort of late last night, I watched the Caller ID with trepidation - hoping it wasn't B. calling.  It was a hotel chain - which made me think 'is he now at the Marriott'?  He isn't.  He's fine though I'm sure he's cold, tired and possibly rethinking his 'plan'.  But he'll stick to it.

H. finally friended us on Facebook.  Finally.  I think it was an appeasement for something he did that was so incredibly gross, I will not write down the details.  Never mind the motive - he did it!  I like seeing his status updates.

He's off today and adjusting to a 4AM start time - where he was told 'if you are late, just forget it - you're done'.  So he's been getting up really, REALLY early to allow plenty of time.  Thankfully, he has been going to sleep earlier so he's getting more rest.

Off to another busy day - work is going 'better' which I say somewhat cautiously.  A little communication goes a long way to mending fences.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...