Sunday, June 12, 2011

Summer!

FINALLY! Sweltering heat!! Temps in the mid-to-high 80's and it's finally feeling like summer. The pool is 'up' to 76 degrees - the 'up' is still not high enough for me....nor anyone else in the house at the moment. Soon, though...very soon!

I'm ending the busy (filled with work) weekend in a productive way - we just fertilized and weed-protected both lawns. The front one is looking pretty horrible - though the pretty purple and yellow teeny, tiny flowers add a certain flare, I think. Still, the weedy stuff is taking over and we are hopeful the magic of Scott's Turf Builder with Weed protection will do the trick. Nothing else we've tried has. The spray-on stuff just doesn't 'stay' long enough to do anything, I guess....

So with an ice cold Blue Moon in hand, I head to the kitchen to concoct something for dinner (again, with J.'s help) and trying to 'relax' a bit. Another crazy busy week looms - but oh well. This time three weeks from now, we'll be on the beach in Playa del Carmen without a care in the world - except getting up the energy to walk downtown to decide where to eat dinner! We are getting more excited everyday -

My lovely Bug had a baby boy yesterday! I'm practically stalking all of her family on Facebook to find as many pics of him as possible - he's a cutie! And lots of black hair! I can't wait to see her and hope we can visit soon - congratulations to the new family and most especially to the new mommy. It's such a special time....

I have a couple posts in draft stage but need pics - so maybe later this week, I'll get there. Hopefully, I won't be working next weekend - which will be the first non-work weekend in a long time.

Happy Sunday and Happy Monday!! Yeah for summer! And again, a heartfelt welcome to Baby P. ! Can't wait to see you, Bug!!

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...