Saturday, June 04, 2011

i

Today is my birthday - and no, that's not a reason for a post....acknowledging my 51 years on the planet is just another day -

My husband got me what I really, really wanted....I don't need it, there's no logical reason for procuring it - but we got H. one for his grad gift and J. came home with one for me - just what I asked for.....

A shiny, lovely, totally awesome iPhone!

And the neatest thing about it so far (there are so many but today in particular this one is the best) is how it 'pings' me to tell me someone has posted something on my Facebook wall - so I've enjoyed lovely birthday greetings all morning. [Thanks to my friend J. in Dublin who just now posted - heard the chime as I was typing - thanks for thinking of me, J.]....

What a great way to start the first day of my 52nd year on earth.

The first free book that downloaded automatically was Winnie the Pooh and it was hard not to spend all day yesterday sitting and reading. But I didn't 'cuz that would be terribly wrong.

I've downloaded Angry Birds and Tiny Wings - two highly recommended games for when you need to pass the time.....

And one book by a new author - the first of the 'Immortal Series' by Alyson Noel.

I love it and while I feel a teeny bit bad about spending the money on something I don't need, it makes me happy.....I've wanted one since they first came out and now I have one....and it's great. I haven't actually had a personal cell for a long time 'cuz the kids' phones broke and H. has been using my old phone as his phone....then it broke too....so now we're all set for the forseeable future.

I am spending the day at work - which sucks....but it's just that time of year....budgets don't build themselves when you work for a state entity. So....off to the trenches.

It's raining today. It's June and it's 55 outside. The weather is crazy here......I wore a sweater most of the week 'cuz it's chilly.

Thanks to all for the birthday greetings - it will be a great day. I will accomplish much and then enjoy a delicious Chinese food take out dinner with my family.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...