Sunday, July 11, 2010

Pool Party

We're having some family here on Friday - sort of (hopefully) an annual gathering as they travel back from Oregon to Southern California. There's always a lot of preparation for an event....and it's nice to be off so I can 'enjoy' the process a bit.

Ala my sister, have made lists of errands, shopping lists, to-do lists, etc.

Spent part of the afternoon in the pool scrubbing the tile by hand. The pool sides get brushed weekly by our pool guy - but there's 'stuff' that gathers at the edge of the water and an assortment of dust, etc. on the white 'gasket' between the tile and the pool deck. They are all very clean now - and we are running the filter 'extra' today to give it time to get all the 'dirt' that was dislodged in the scrubbing process out of the water. Tonight, we'll fire up the hot tub so it will filter a bit....it needs a good cleaning, too.

Thankfully, the hot tub will be easy 'cuz it will be uber-warm. The pool was a refreshing 79 degrees. I know it's going to feel great as soon as I'm fully 'in'. But for a few seconds upon actually getting fully in, I'm freezing. Swimming a couple laps helps. Face it - I'm just an 82 or above kind of gal. I admit those temps are not all that refreshing on a hot day - but 'walking in' temp is easier for me.

I feel happy seeing our yard full of butterflies and fireflies. Two in particular - a bright blue and a bright orange - fireflies hover around pretty much all the time. I am convinced they are the grandmas. Don't ask me why. There's no logical reason I think that - but I do think they are 'around'. They like our yard - and they love it when we're out there with them.

Tomorrow, we start the thrice-weekly trek back to Oakland for H.'s IOP program. It's important and we are happy to do it - but wow. It's sure a logistical challenge - and that's during a week when I'm NOT working. It will be interesting when it's a 'regular' work/school week.

I hope to get to H.'s new school this week to drop off additional information, etc. We are sure hopeful he will be accepted there. He desperately needs a change. I'm not sure what our plan will be if he doesn't get to attend there - but I'm trying really hard not to fret about it until I know there's something to fret about. Easier said than done - but I'm trying. Hopefully, we'll know at the end of this week what the 'plan' is....and that will help. At least we'll know -

I'd better get back to my to-do list. Making progress on some 'nooks and crannies' cleaning that needs to be done. Think I'll watch New Moon while I'm cleaning - H. and I hope to see Eclipse together in the next couple days. Not sure if he's just humoring his mom or not - but he's said he would like to go with me. Will be fun having company!

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...