Sunday, April 04, 2010

Eggs, Candy and Ham, Oh My!

Happy Easter!

Plans to attend church fell through when both kids slept until well past noon. Of course, we didn't wake them. We could have...but the idea of a lazy, slow-paced morning was more appealing than grumpy kids accompanying us to church. And neither J. nor I seemed even remotely motivated to go to church either. I was in my PJs until after noon - but I was productive. Got ahead of the curve by preparing side dishes in advance, ready to pop in the oven. Also made carrot cake cupcakes with cream cheese and Easter candy sprinkles. Tidied up a bit. Put away the massive amount of groceries I purchased yesterday. OH, good news! Target is remodeling to include more groceries - including produce!! Can't wait!

We splurged and purchased 4 tickets to the Wednesday matinee of Wicked! Yes, we're seeing it again - the boys for the first time. We snagged discounted orchestra seats again - and will make a day of it. Can't wait! It will so fun and the boys are looking forward to it. Going to San Fran for the day is always a 'treat' and something we all look forward to. I don't know if they're humoring me by pretending to be excited about seeing Wicked? But I'll take whatever enthusiasm I can get!

The dining room table is decorated with an Easter-themed table cloth. I've got pastel colored 'Sixlets' scattered on the table and malted milk robin eggs in a dish on the table. I visited Kandi's bakery yesterday and bought a delicious lemon meringue pie - and I made carrot cake cupcakes with cream cheese frosting and pretty spring themed sprinkles on top for dessert. Though many of them were consumed for breakfast 'cuz when the kids came downstairs FINALLY, I was just finishing up frosting them and they ate them with huge glasses of milk for their 'breakfast'. There are still plenty left for 'dessert'. Personally, I'm looking forward to the pie!

I'm off M-W. J. is off W-F. It will work out well - I will probably go to Jackson for a morning/afternoon one day and he will take the boys to play golf one day. Weds. will be our 'big day'. I have plenty to do at work and there was no way to get it done without just going in. Oh well. It's ok. I'll enjoy the time I do have.

Time to get the final touches going on dinner and get it on the table. I'm starving!!

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...