Friday, April 16, 2010

Schedules

Leaving for work momentarily 'cuz I booked a 7AM meeting with one of my direct reports. Pretty jammed schedule when you start booking meetings that early in the day...but it is what it is and it's what is required today. My thoughts (momentary and fleeting) of taking today off quickly evaporated around 9AM yesterday when the meetings started rolling onto my Outlook calendar like.....[looking for some awesome verbal metaphor - but forget it]...like meetings do.

We received H.'s class schedule for next year and I cracked up! Welding, Home Economics (yes, really!) and auto shop. Plus Human Physiology, English and Econ. I cracked up partly because it's obvious the kid is looking for the 'easiest' Senior year ever. And I mostly cracked up because it's clear that no counselor ever compared this proposed schedule to the reality of H.'s grades this year. He has many classes he will need to retake in order to graduate....so it was amusing in a not-so-amusing way.

We've applied for H. to attend a different high school next year - and actually hope he will be admitted in time for summer school. I am not sure this is 'best' but I am sure it's a change and that is what is absolutely required. AND it's a change H. is looking forward to - and so we are hopeful all the planets will align and he will be in a school that's better for him next year. Yet another reason the schedule we received is comical.

Our weekend plans include working on our bikes so we can take some bike rides now that Spring is here. Also yard work, errands, various other 'home' projects and attempting to catch up on work stuff as well. I've been carting around my 'office in a box' for some time and it's time to really get to it. Taxes are done...so there should be time to plow through the next round of tortuous paperwork on the horizon.

Must jet out the door. At least I will be able to leave around 3:30ish today with a clear conscience - though it's not likely to happen. But it's nice to dream.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...