Friday, September 25, 2009

Farewell, Snow-Man

We are saying goodbye to Snow today - our beautiful, perfectly marked 1/2 Balanese 'stray' who has graced our home with his loving countenance for 11 years is going to cat heaven this afternoon. It's been a hard decision and a long month - but he's been telling us it's the right thing for some time. I just spent a little time with him upstairs - him barely able to jump up on the bed. And he let me give him loves and snuggles, his motorboat running the entire time. But he's too unwell anymore to hold up his paw and ask for 'more'. It is sad to let him go but I do know it's the right thing to do. It's time. He is not feeling good and keeping here for us is not kind to him.

I made the appointment with the vet, choking up the entire time. She asked 'will someone remain in the room with him?' And I said 'no, I don't think our hearts can handle that' and then uttered a quick, soft, tear-filled 'I'm sorry'. She said 'no apology necessary - we totally understand'. And I know they do.

On a happier note, today is also the 21st anniversary of the day I met my husband. He reminded me of that this morning - he's so good about remembering. Which he takes no credit for - he owes it all to his Blackberry and setting up reminders everywhere. Happy 'day we met and never looked back' anniversary, my sweet!

Lions football duty tonight - makes my feet hurt and makes me feel exhausted just thinking about it. But it's always fun....never seems like it will be, but somehow, it always is.

Heading into work shortly. Auditors are finishing up Round 1 today - so far, all is well. We are busily humming along, getting stuff done. Never feeling 'caught up' but I'm getting used to that feeling.

Goodbye, sweet Snow-Man. We have loved you well and you have been the perfect feline offset to your feline brother and your human brothers. We will all miss you. You will always be the sweetest cat I've ever had -

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...