Friday, September 25, 2009

Snack Bar

Here's what an evening at the snack bar is like:

'Hi!' (me)

'I'll have nachos, a Red Rope, Starburst, Sour Skittles, Popcorn, 2 waters, 3 Gatorades and a soda.' (customer)

'What kind of soda?' (me)

'What kind do you have?' (customer)

[ I point to the list that is taped to the counter RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE CUSTOMER]

'Dr. Pepper' (customer)

'We don't have Dr. Pepper' (me, pointing to list again).

Finally, they decide.

Repeat 1,000 times - the items ordered vary but the 'and a soda' is almost always the same. It gets old. Really old.

And while we're on the subject of things that make me crazy at the snack bar - I'm tired of the same handful of people working their asses off while a bunch of other people stand around and do nothing....talk, talk, talk...oblivious when the lines are long. Ignoring people at their window because they're chatting. I'm sick of it. If you show up, work hard. If you don't intend to work hard, don't show up. Quit wasting our time and making the place crowded for no reason. Standing around pretending to be contributing isn't the same as contributing. Quit the charade. Just don't show up. At least those of us (the few, the proud, the exhausted) will know that the people who have shown up intend to WORK not talk, chat, or try to sell real estate to every customer at their window.

OK. With that, I am heading up to bed. I am thinking I am getting the same 'cold' that has plagued our house - all three of my guys have been suffering from it for a week and sadly, it appears to be my turn....

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...