Sunday, September 27, 2009

On TV and Such

New season starting.....love this time of year. Look forward to the return of old faves and new programming....

We are switching from Dish Network to UVerse (AT&T). Don't ask me why. It has something to do with HD TV and the Dish Network's inability (unwillingness) to give us another HD receiver without turning in other receivers that we want to keep....so we're switching. I'm not totally against it since the change will save us over $30 per month - we'll have TV, Internet and phone all on one bill. Considering the TV in the guest room has not been working since the switch (Friday), I'm not too impressed. But we'll hope that it all works out.

Law and Order CI is losing it's stars to make more time for Jeff Goldblum. I love him and I love what he brings to the show - but Julianne Nicholson is also leaving and I thought they had really great chemistry. So who knows how the show will be. I'll still tune in 'cuz I love any and all Law & Order. There's a new channel - Sleuth - and it has Law and Order on all the time!!

Amazing Race starts tonight and the twist is a team is off before they even leave on the first leg of the race. What a twist. We are so looking forward to this great season.

And Survivor....wow! What a season! We have a Survivor pool at work and we're having a blast! My office has Survivor t-shirts that we wear every Thursday. And my boss has a Jeff Probst bobble head and a Survivor baseball cap as his 'Thursday clothing item'. It's fun - and a great season. There are some really interesting 'characters' on this season....it's going to be very interesting to see how this all plays out.

We have pretty much given up on Heroes. We are vowing to rent it from Netflix someday when we're retired and watch from the beginning to see if we can figure it all out. We are behind and once you get behind, you can't really catch up easily. Same with Lost. Still mildly interested but we are neither watching nor taping each week anymore. Something had to give and it's those two shows.

H. spent the day in San Fran with friends celebrating a birthday. B. has worked most of the weekend. I should have worked today but didn't, which I will inevitably regret and pay for. I ran errands, including getting a very much needed haircut. J. played bass at church today. I piddled around the house, putting things away, tidying up a bit. Went to Target and had a REAL Starbucks iced tea for the first time in a LONG time. Still making it at home every morning and saving $4.40/day!

We are giving Klink lots of extra attention - and realize how different he is from his brother. Klink sleeps hidden all day so we rarely see him. Snow was out in the open most of the day, always there for a quick cuddle and petting session. I miss him. We all do. Klink has been looking for him - and seems subdued and sort of 'confused'. Snow has been by his side his entire life so it's a hard adjustment for him, too, to be Snow-less. It's been a long weekend......missing that sweet cat.

Possibly going to take a day off this week...maybe! Would sure like to try if at all possible. I'm in a 'reorganizing' mood and those don't come around very often (for me).

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...