Sunday, May 03, 2009

Crazies

J. and H. worked in Hayward all day yesterday at the garage sale of J.'s middle brother. His brother is moving into a care facility - his home of 30 years has sold and there's a lot to move out. He will be eventually moving into a 'retirement community' but for now, he is in a care facility in Oakland, getting some physical illness things resolved.

J. returned home late yesterday afternoon with a lot of 'stuff'....things we wanted (a Kirby floor cleaning 'system' which I cannot figure out for the life of me but looks pretty darn powerful; a wine cooler that we will use for both wine and bottles of water and Gatorade - likely in the garage). And things we didn't know we wanted until J. saw them. Various kitchen items, some miscellaneous clothes [sweat shirts and sweat pants because you can never have too many of those; a Cal Berkeley knit scarf; shirts, etc.].

We were able to sell a few of our things at the sale as well - a dog Igloo that our dogs never showed any interest in. A couple old bikes and a GoPed scooter. Didn't make a lot of money but that wasn't really the point of the sale - just getting the stuff out of our home permanently feels good.

This morning, J. showed me one of the 'treasures' he brought home - a meat thermometer. We have a couple - but oh well. He showed it to me, along with a set of cooking shears (which I've been wanting to buy so that was a great find) and other assorted kitchen stuff. I nodded affirmatively and assumed he was taking them into the kitchen. Which I think he did - except I was just upstairs getting showered and the meat thermometer was sitting on the bathroom counter! WHY???? I have no idea - and I can't ask him because he's on his way back to Hayward to make another trip of more 'stuff'. Thus (sort of) defeating the purpose of cleaning out some of our stuff 'cuz he's brought that amount and more back!. Oh well - some of his items include a set of books that he said 'I want to read to my granchildren someday'. Can't really say no to that, right?

But that thermometer thing? How did it end up in the bathroom? I brought it BACK downstairs with me and put it in the sink where it will be washed and then put in the appropriate drawer.

How it ended up there, I have no idea. Those kind of things happen ALL THE TIME AROUND HERE.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...