Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

First, I have to state publicly that J. thinks I took 'creative liberties' with the previous post. He's sure the sprinkler wasn't a problem for WEEKS. He's positive my car has been washed at the full service wash as much as his.

All I know is this: I mentioned the sprinkler thing over multiple days over more than one week. By definition, that's WEEKS. And we purchased 'cards' for the car wash Christmas of 2007 - 4 or 5 washes for a flat price. We bought two. Until the car wash he just did for me, my car had not used a single 'punch' on those cards. (And his generous gift to me of getting my car done resulted in him filling the last 'punch' on his 'bonus card' so he now gets a free wash!). SO, it sure seems like 8-10 washes of which my car(s) had ONE of those is a ratio that is pretty fair in terms of 'your car gets washed a heck of a lot more than mine' argument.

Onward.....

Mother's Day was fun - we opened Texas Roadhouse for an early morning brunch. Leftovers for dinner. I took a little nap. I have not worked, which I will regret....but it will be OK. I know everything that needs to get done will get done - it always does and it's me that does it...and I know me. So it's fine......(right?).

I am not at home 3 evenings this week - and then gone 1/2 day Saturday for a Lion's group training - I'm the treasurer of our club starting July 1st....not sure how that happened but it did. And then I'll rush home and we'll head to San Fran for a birthday party. Next Sunday I will likely be working....every spare minute will be spent working between now and June 12th....it's budget time!

Every weekend between now and June is booked solid. Graduations, parties, trips to visit relatives who are in town (driving up to meet them)....it's going to be a hectic few weeks around our house. We're taking Chloe to the puppy spa for Memorial Day weekend just to be sure we have all the flexibility possible.

We made an offer on a car for H. today and it was accepted. The seller cautioned us to get a quote on insurance first - so we're doing that tomorrow. Hoping that won't crush the deal - but the seller said he had a 'deal' before and the buyer backed out when he got quotes on insurance. That may be a deal breaker for us, too.....but we'll keep our fingers crossed. It's a 2005 Scion tC - dark blue (like my old Honda Accord). H. really likes it and it is a very nice car....

B. heads to Disneyland next weekend. He takes his final IB test this week. And he has to stop by the Fine Arts department head's office to pick up his 'honor cord' for the Performing Arts Magnet - his two years of marching band, jazz band and symphonic band qualified him for the cord - to wear around his neck on graduation day....only three weeks away.

Time to get ready for the week. Yesterday was my errand day - Petsmart, haircut, went to the UPS store to FINALLY ship gifts to my sister and niece (should be there Wednesday, K.)....so now I need to color my hair....plan what to wear....etc.

Have a great week. I don't anticipate posting much 'cuz I won't be home much. Hope you enjoyed Mother's Day -

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...