Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Delayed

I was 'late' to work this morning. Not really, 'cuz I have a 'flexible' schedule. But I'm usually there by 7:30 at the latest, very often (far) earlier than that. But today, I wasn't in until around 8:30. I failed to set my alarm (I have no idea how that happened) and J. assumed I was purposely sleeping in. I called one of my co-workers to let them know I was late - and she said 'no worries - oh, and I already went to Starbucks and I got you your daily dose of iced tea'. How cool is that?? So sweet!

And, of course - because it was a work day and because I really, truly needed to GET THERE, I felt the urge to start 'piddling' around here. Started doing things - picking up, tidying things, organizing here and there - and so wanted to just keep doing that. Work? What's work? I wished it was a weekend when that 'nesting urge' hit and I could just work away all morning and into the afternoon - but that was so not feasible.

And thank goodness I got myself there when I did 'cuz it turned out my boss was waiting for me, having left me a message at 8AM asking to meet. Surprise!

It was a fine day and we got a lot done -

So I'm going to spend all weekend attempting to get that same 'urge' - to cull, tidy, organize, clean, etc. It's a 3 day weekend so it could happen!

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...