Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Wrinkles

I'm aging - huge surprise, right? My skin is changing. And I've been attempting to counteract the effects of time with huge amounts of moisturizing products. I slather them on - morning, noon and night. But I've become convinced that all the 'anit-aging' products out there - that are supposed to reduce 'fine lines and wrinkles' - actually do the opposite. My wrinkles are GROWING instead of receding. My skin is so incredibly 'moist and supple' that the wrinkles can form more easily - and they stay there. Permanenetly. Makes me crazy. I'm seriously considering Botox. I'd just like to get rid of the gigantic 'worry' wrinkle between my eyes - it's been developing for 48 years now and it's time to give it a rest. Sadly, with two teen boys still under this roof, the 'furrowing of the brow' that created said crater will continue unabated for sometime to come. Oil of Olay be damned.

I am awake and up early this morning - close to heading out the door at just after 6AM. Did my part for the economy and placed a couple internet shopping orders for Christmas gifts. I love never leaving my house and being able to have virtually anything I can imagine delivered right to our door!

B. has been getting up at 5 (second day in a row - not a trend yet, but a beginning. And considering his love of sleep, I am impressed - even if it is only Day 2) to go to the gym. He came home yesterday (Day 1 of 'working out in the morning before school) all energized. Made himself breakfast while H. showered. It went fine and I was glad he was realizing that the only thing he can do to create more time in his day is sleep less. He came home from school, got right to his homework and then worked from 5-9. He's off today for his music lesson. Hoping his motivation to keep up with homework and STILL work out daily will continue. It's better than him getting home from the gym between 10 and 11 and him still having hours of homework to do. Which, we know from his recent report card, he's been choosing not to do.

J. is working at home today so I'm going in early and staying late. Too much to do and not enough hours in the day. I came home last night, laptop in hand, fully prepared to work...but the CD of the memorial service for my dear friend who died in October arrived in the mail. It was sweet of his wife to send it to me - so I listened to the CD for over an hour....then made dinner, tears in my eyes. Headed up to bed around 8:30ish, having decided that work is over-rated and it will keep. It will all get done without working 24/7. Though it often times doesn't feel that way.

It is cold and foggy here - not as cold as it is to my readers back east, I know - but cold for here. We've fired up the heaters on both floors and I frequently issue the proclamation 'put some clothes on' - as kids complain they're cold, while they're wearing shorts and a short-sleeve t-shirt. 'That's why God invented pants' is also a frequent refrain. Argh! Darn kids.

OK - heading to Starbucks where I will shock the Barista by NOT ordering my usual two teas. Today, it's one tea and one Venti Skinny Cinnamon Dulce Latte w/ an extra shot of syrup! It will warm me from the inside, out! Hope you find something in your day that does the same for you!

2 comments:

Jim said...

What wrinkles?

-J

Majah said...

You are too kind, my love!

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...