Monday, December 15, 2008

Reconnected

I talked to Bug today!! She sent me an email to say 'hi'. So I immediately called her and she actually answered. Said she had seen the 'hey, Bug, please call me' post earlier this month and wasn't sure why I was worried about her.

Isn't it amazing what your psyche can create when it's got too much 'time' on it's hands? She had no idea it had been close to seven weeks since we last spoke. She had not rec'd my email or my message on her cell...she had no idea I was assuming she was pissed and bagging me repeatedly. She wasn't. Wow, what a relief.

In church yesterday, the Pastor gave us time to pray for something 'on our heart' and my prayer was 'I miss Bug. I hope we can reconnect soon'. And we did!!

Lunch is scheduled for tomorrow.

And I am officially on 'break' until January 5th - my only other work commitment this week (I spent 5 hours there this morning for a monthly Cabinet meeting) is a CBO meeting on Wednesday. I'm feeling 'lighter' and raring to get into the holiday spirit. Wrapping, baking, tree-decorating, house decorating, etc. are all on the agenda.

And it's so nice of God to be showing a little actual sunshine for the first time in weeks. It appeared as I was leaving my office this morning and is still here an hour later. Hoping it lasts a bit to keep the 'brightness' going in the house. It's so much easier to 'get going' on things when it's bright inside instead of dreary and cold.

The UPS guy just dropped off a package and now Chloe is barking non-stop! I'm going to spend three weeks ringing the doorbell non stop so she'll get over the sound it makes and quit going nuts everytime it rings!

The holidays are officially HERE!!

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...