Friday, December 05, 2008

Sync

I'm having trouble with my 'syncing'. I am not able to 'sync' my handheld Blackberry with my work email/calendar system. Used to be able to - no problem. But it stopped working and since I'm not very technically savvy, I haven't been able to figure out what needs to happen to fix it. I am trying diligently to keep up - just entering everything into both. But that's not working. I've missed hair appointments. Come close to missing work meetings until my assistant says 'hey, there's a meeting on your calendar and I don't hear your phone reminder going off'. I have got to get it figured out soon. If I've missed anything with anyone out there, I profusely apologize. The days of me being able to keep track and 'remember' all by myself are apparently over. I can only imagine how hard it will be in a decade, when I'm approaching 50.

We had dinner out tonight - first time in a very long time. It was OK. The service was marginal and the food is not as good lately. I just didn't enjoy it - and I don't like paying money for a meal out that is just 'so-so'. We don't dine out much anymore and if we're paying for a meal, I really want to enjoy it. I don't know how much of the dis-enjoyment factor was more related to the two teen boys with us - or the ambiance, service and food of the place we chose. Hard to know. Still, it was nice to sit and just veg for a bit.

We picked up B's Senior portraits and they're great! I'm going to try to shop for frames this weekend so we can put up some of the great family pics we have now.

Other weekend activities include getting a tree (we're pretty sure we're going 'artificial' and 'pre-lit' this year for many reasons), decorating the house, a bit of shopping and running a few other errands around town. Hopefully some wrapping, writing a Christmas letter for our cards, etc. Typical busy weekend.

That's it for now. Bug, if you're out there...please call me. I'm worried about you....no reason to be but I haven't been able to touch base with you. And I am hoping all is well in your neck of the woods. And I miss you. And if I've missed something - lunch, brunch, etc. - please forgive me. I know it's a stupid excuse - but I'm getting older and it's just hard to remember sometimes. I think I need to carry sticky notes on my wrist or something so I can keep notes easily. Seriously. My pre-occupation with work, kids, etc. is making it impossible for me to retain any other info if I don't write it down. So please, please Bug - call me when you can.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...