Sunday, December 07, 2008

Tree

We found a pre-lit tree at the new Lathrop Target - it's 7 1/2 feet - white lights. It doesn't have as many lights as the Costco trees, but that will actually work in our favor, since J. wants to add colored lights to it and the Costco trees were so loaded with white lights, that would have been hard to do. So we're working on moving furniture in the living room and setting up the tree. B. just got home from work so we'll spend a quiet evening tree trimming and enjoying lasagna for dinner.

We also did more shopping and consider the kids 'done' - hopefully, that will hold true...though I'm known for never really being 'done' shopping for Christmas. But I'll try.

I'm watching Chefography on Food Network - all about Duff Goldman, Ace of Cakes. I just stumbled upon it while looking for some kind of 'chick flick' - where is You've Got Mail or American President when you need it?? I've watched the TBS marathon of Harry Potter - with sneak peeks of the upcoming movie, which the boys and I can't WAIT for!

I have to recreate the sweet potato casserole I made for Thanksgiving - J. liked it so much that he wants to take it to his work holiday potluck tomorrow.

Another busy weeks loom...but it's OK. Work is pretty darn good these days, believe it or not!

Adios for now. Time for hot tea, fire in the fireplace and decorating for Christmas. A wonderful evening is about to happen!

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...