Sunday, December 10, 2006

Nick

at Night is running a 'That Girl' marathon this weekend. I LOVE this show - one of my favorites from my childhood.

I couldn't help but notice that Ann serves a lot of coffee - and she always has a different, really nice china set to use. How does one single girl - a supposedly 'starving actress' in the late 60's end up with so many coffee serving sets?

And they played the episode where Donald finally (FINALLY) asks Ann to marry him and I had J. watch it - when Ann 'reacts' to the engagement, I told him that's what girls are SUPPOSED to react like when they've been proposed to. THAT EPISODE is what I dreamed about all my life for my engagement experience.

Our engagement was lovely and I wouldn't trade it for anything 'cuz it ended beautifully. And having watched that episode twice this weekend, I admit it's a 'hard act' to follow. I mean, the 4 year buildup to that moment is what created that moment of 'relief' and joy for Ann. I'm grateful I didn't have to wait that long for my 'moment'. Just 12 months. And then 6 months to the wedding. Which seemed very fast for J. And seemed incredibly 'long' to me, at the time. Thank goodness I didn't have to wait the 4 years Ann had to wait. I wouldn't have made it that long.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...