Friday, December 22, 2006

Holidays

J. took the kids and two of their friends snowboarding today. I have the day to myself, if you call being at the mercy of two dogs 'to myself'. The storm that passed through yesterday has left the backyard a soggy, cold mess and the dogs are very reluctant to venture forth into the wet, soggy yard to do their business. Sitting out on a patio chair in my nightgown, with my Crocs on waiting for them to get it done is not how I pictured my day. I think they have completed their AM routine for now so am preparing to head out (again) to finish up some shopping.

Note to self: don't give notice to your job the Friday before Thanksgiving and then spend the next 4 weeks attempting to finish up work related stuff and basically just brain-fade on the fact that CHRISTMAS is just around the corner. My siblings presents aren't in the mail yet and won't be until tomorrow, it looks like. So they will be late. Apologies will be sent via email this evening. My sister K. is coming to San Fran so her presents (and those my niece who will also be in San Fran) will be hand delivered. The time has just flown by and I am behind, behind, BEHIND on everything related to Christmas. I have no idea what the status is for J's family since technically, he takes care of his and I take care of mine. We will be out and about tomorrow and Sunday, no doubt, finishing things up.

Thankfully, the desire to snow board got the kids to get in gear and the house looks relatively OK. A lot of deliveries have been made and are waiting to be opened and/or wrapped (since I did a lot of online shopping this year) and I will work on that today before the kids get home from the slopes.

I had lunch with my friend N. yesterday - a former coworker who is also a great friend. I am old enough to be her mother - a thought that still boggles my mind. She reminds me what it's like to be young and madly in love and planning a life. She and her fiance will be married in about 10months and she is in the midst of planning the wedding and finishing up her Sr. year at college. She is a very smart, fun, sweet young lady and I am blessed to have gotten to know her. Without her, I wouldn't appreciate the lyrics to the song 'Tequila Makes Her Clothes Fall Off' since before knowing N., I had no idea what Petrone was. NOW I do. J. and I are planning to do a shot (maybe 1/2 a shot) of Petrone on New Years eve in celebration of all the things to come. Since we don't drink much, it is likely we will do the shot just before we want to head to bed 'cuz it will probably knock us both on our asses and J. will be HOPING the words to the song COME TRUE 'cuz he's a guy and he's ALWAYS hoping my clothes will fall off.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...