Sunday, December 24, 2006

Excited

The exitement of the 'big day' is in the air. I ran my last list of errands this morning, including grocery shopping and a trip to Starbucks for gift cards for the boys. I paid for the women in front of me who was frantically looking for her Starbucks card. I handed the clerk my card and said 'Happy Holidays. Consider this a random act of kindness and I hope you will pass it on'. She was shocked and thanked me. It was fun.

Also bought a space heater for 'my' room, which is the coldest room in the house during the winter and the hottest room in the house in the summer. It isn't 'ducted' very well and it shows. Wrapping gifts in their last night was challenging - even moving around a lot left me numbingly cold. So a small 'safe' electric heater will help take the chill off the room.

We will attend Christmas eve services this evening, drive around looking at lights, come home to watch "The Santa Clause" with hot chocolate and TRY to get the kids in their rooms for the night (I've given up on getting them to actually sleep) as early as possible. Thankfully, we have wrapped much of what needs to go under the tree already and I am heading upstairs shortly for more wrapping. I was determined to NOT be wrapping until the wee hours of Christmas morning as we have the past couple years - and we made a lot of progress last night so we are 'on track' for having it all wrapped. All we'll need to do is put it under the tree, which the boys are still insisting MUST be out of their sight so they have the big Christmas morning IMPACT of seeing all the gifts.

Hope you and yours have a wonderful holiday and enjoy some family togetherness.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...