Saturday, September 02, 2006

Soon

We made our weekly trip to Costco today for 'groceries'. We rarely shop at the actual grocery store anymore - Costco fulfills the weekly shopping list and more importantly, fills the two teenage boys who seem intent to bankrupt us with their need for food. We are always out of something or on the verge of being out of something.

Costco now has Christmas stuff and we got two new decorations. A set of 'drums' that sit in the front yard and light up-B. loves them. And a Santa that carries lights up and down a ladder - he really climbs! Jim said when he came around the corner and saw my face, he knew that I was 'smitten' with yet another decoration.

And when we pulled in the driveway, he rhetorically asked "where will we be storing these new Christmas decorations?". I just smiled as he said "I know - that's my job". Yes, honey, it is. I find them and buy them and you store them. And you're really good at it and I love you for it.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...