Friday, July 21, 2006

Pampered

Today I had my first EVER facial. And it was outstanding. So much more than just a good face scrubbing. It was a neck, shoulder, feet, hands, arms, legs mini-massage AND a good face scrubbing. It was awesome. I didn't ask how much it would be - and when she was finished, I waited with trepidation for the final total. ONLY $75. A bargain, if you ask me. I threw in a generous tip and thought 'this is a splurge worth budgeting for'.

Why did I wait 46 years to discover the joy of a good facial?? I am hooked and booked another one in 7 weeks! It was worth driving from Tracy to Danville in 100+ degree heat and taking a big 3 hour chunk out of my 2nd-to-last Friday off.

B. comes home on Monday. H. came home last Sunday. School will start for them the 2nd week of August (earlier and earlier every year). B. has band camp for 3 days when he gets home -

He's having a ball and sounds so grown up on the phone. H. had a blast also at camp and can't wait to go back next year with B. (he hopes). It's been so nice that they both ask how the other is doing. B. asked repeatedly while H. was at camp 'is there a number where I could call him'? They seem to really miss each other and I think the time apart has been a good reminder that having a brother is a good thing.

The other surprising thing is how little $$ B. appears to be spending. He has shopped minimally (I can track his spending on the visabuxx website - so handy and also nice to feel 'connected' to him in that I know where he's been, etc.) and seems to be really selecting things that have meaning to him. I'm very surprised. H. came home with a ton of leftover $$ also. He said all the kids at camp kept saying 'your parents expect you to spend it so why don't you' and he said 'I don't see anything I really want and I'm not going to spend it just to spend it'. We're raising careful spenders, it would appear.

I've knitted 10 rows. Not that much considering, but I'm hooked on the game 'Virtual Villagers' and have passed a lot of time playing that instead of knitting.

Bye for now. More later.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...