Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Fuel

I am trying to learn to see food as fuel for my body. Not reward, not comfort. Fuel. Thinking that way is helping me to make healthier choices. And that's a good thing. The problem is, though, that my body wants 20 gallons of fuel everyday and only needs 15 to run efficiently. Trying to get it to 'accept' the 15 gallons is challenging at the moment - I am constantly hungry. Stomach growling, achy hungry. I'm having frequent snacks - high protein, low carb. But I'm STARVING. It's 10:30 and lunch is still an hour+ away. I've eaten my breakfast, my morning snack and I'm famished.

Hopefully, another week of this will calm down the hungry growlies. I sure hope so. I so want to head up to the cafeteria or down to Starbucks for something cake-like, carb loaded and sugar laden - and I don't WANT TO DO THAT 'CUZ MY BODY DOESN'T RUN WELL ON JUNK.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...