Monday, July 03, 2006

Home

Hawaii is a mere memory. I am entrenched in 'year-end' activities at work (our fiscal year ends June 30th) and buried. Typical June/July.

Everything about this job is a 'cycle'. One budget cycle blends into the next. The year-end activities are becoming 'routine' for me - no more fun or 'easier' than in past years but I know the drill now. It's just a matter of wedging in the time to get everything done. And trying to stomp down the frustration that grows as I wait (and wait) for other people to do what they need to do so I can do what I need to do to wrap up the year.

August will bring the 'new' school year and the blur of activities for my school (where I work) and the kids schools. The school year seems to start earlier and earlier for the boys. Summers fly by - only 10 weeks 'off' for them, which goes by so quickly.

B. leaves for Europe this Thursday and H. leaves for snowboard camp on Friday. J. and I will be enjoying TEN GLORIOUS DAYS ALONE - a small, brief glimpse into what retirement will be like. I can hardly wait. We can shop at Albertson's for groceries instead of Costco. Feeding just the two of us will be a breeze, as will laundry, keeping the house tidy, etc. We are really looking forward to the time 'alone', though neither of us is taking any time off work. But evenings and a couple kid-less weekends will be tremendously fun and rejuvenating. We can be really noisy during [you know what]. THAT will be fun!

OK, gotta run. More later. Happy 4th, everyone! God Bless America - and vote Democrat.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...